Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
The Study plan qualifying to obtain Bachelor Degree in Medicine and Surgery
The Faculty of medicine & surgery of Mogadishu University will award the degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, to the enrolled students who successfully complete a minimum of 345 required credit hours set by the University senate. To obtain MBBS, candidates must fulfill the provisions stated in the University regulations concerning awarding Bachelor degree in Medicine and Surgery from the University.
This study plan here is to be applied on students who are admitted to the medical school at beginning of the academic year 2013-2014.
- Students graduated from scientific high secondary schools from Somalia and/or equivalent high secondary school certificates from foreign countries.
- The enrollment students has no ethnic, cultural , sexual and religious discrimination
- English is the medium instruction language of the faculty of medicine and surgery
- The minimum average grade required for the enrollment students is equal or above 84 %
Brief description of undergraduate curriculum:
The faculty of medicine and surgery of Mogadishu University implements and outcome based,, integrated problem based learning curriculum (PBL).
Program structure and components:
Program duration: Six academic years followed by one year training (Internship)
- Six (6) academic years are divided into three (3) phases:
Phase 1: Foundation year (pre-medical)
Phase 2: Pre-clerkship phase years (1, 2 and 3)
Phase 3: Clerkship phase years (4 and 5)
Internship year is divided into Seven training (5 compulsory and 2 selective) rotations, 2 months each. Compulsory rotations are: general surgery, internal medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, and emergency and anesthesia.
In phase two (2) and three (3) results are tabulated in percentage terms, the minimum passing score is 70 % of the combined results of written, practical and clinical examinations
The graduation averages is calculated on average of the two (2) final years (4 and 5).
Courses by Semester
- (29-March – 2017) The faculty of Sharia a...
- (28-March – 2017) As part of its ongoing ...
- (21-March – 2017) Students of the faculty...
- (18-March-2017) All students in the different f...
- ( 14 – Feb – 2017 ) ( Faculty of H...