Mother & Child Education Care (MCEC)
Mother and Child Educational Care (MCEC) is Health Project founded on January 2006 deducted to preventing and protecting violence against women in the war torn nation of Somalia and improving mother and child basic health through care and education, particularly through eradication of the practice of female genital mutilation (FGM).
MCEC’s vision is to eradicate Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) and any kind of violence against women, improve the life quality and health competence of Somali woman, their children and networks.
- To eradicate violence against women, specifically FGM
- To create a more open environment to discuss FGM in Somalia.
- Improve basic health care education for mothers and their children
- Provide educational empowerment of disadvantaged women in a war-torn country
- Lobby for legislative policy prohibiting FGM.
Our Main Working Areas:
- Working with Internally Displaced persons (IDPs) against FGM and health Promotion in Mogadishu and surrounding areas
- University employees, Students and their parents.
- Primary and secondary schools, kindergardens and their networks
- Working with all the organized women groups around Mogadishu
- Working with imams, respected leaders of the society and the community as whole.