Course DescriptionDuring this course medical students will be introduced to general orthopedic disorders. This course covered all aspects regarding assessing fractures, general management and complications of fractures, evaluation and assessment of orthopedic disorders affecting bone and joints are also covered. Students are trained to obtain relevant history and to perform physical examination of patients with common musculoskeletal disorders. General management of common orthopedic problems is also covered. 2 weeks rotation, students will be involved in the daily morning report, clinical rounds, and outpatient clinics.
- By the end of this course, students are expected to :
- 1. To take proper history and perform physical examination
- 2. To investigate patients with orthopedic disorders.
- 3. To know types of fractures, their classifications, and complications.
- 4. To know a wide spectrum of orthopedic diseases
Books for this Course
- Adam’s: Outline of orthopedics.
- Adam’s: Outline of fractures.
- Apply’s: System of orthopedics.
- MacRae’s: Clinical evaluation.
- Malkawi : Principles of Disorders and Injuries of the Musculoskeletal system.
- September 2014
- January 2015