91132 Oto-Rhino-Laryngology (ENT)
Course DescriptionThe Otorhinolaryngology courses acquired students to have adequate knowledge and skills for optimally dealing with common disorders and emergencies and principles of rehabilitation of the impaired hearing Such as the basic pathophysiology of common Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) diseases & emergencies, hearing Loss, external, Middle & Inner Ear Disorders, Nose, Sinuses, Taste Disorders, Nose & Throat Cancer, and rational use of commonly used drugs with keeping in mind their adverse reactions and the common investigative procedures and their interpretation. Students will be familiar with the examining instruments, diagnosis and management of the common presenting problems in otolaryngology as well as emergency Otolaryngology cases. Skills necessary to take relevant medical history and examination are well emphasized.
- At the end of the course the student shall be able to
- 1. Take proper history and perform physical examination and Examine and diagnosis common ear, nose, and throat problems
- 2. Know how to deal with emergency situation of Otolaryngology.
- 3. know a wide spectrum of Otolaryngology disease
- 4. Suggest common investigative procedures and their intepretation to diagnose and manage the patient.
- 5. Treat the common ear, nose, throat and neck problem at primary care centre, while treating the patient. The student should know the rational use of commonly used design with their adverse effects.
- 6. Train to perform various minor surgical procedures like ear syringing nasal packing and biopsy procedure.
- 7. Assist common surgical procedures such as tonsillectomy, mastoidectomy, septoplasty, tracheostomy and endoscopic removal of foreign bodies.
- 8. Have awareness of Preventive otology and head & neck cancer for public guidance.
Books for this Course
- Text book of ENT by Logan &Turner
- Diseases of ENT by Dr.Ramanjaneyulu
- Diseases of ENT by Dr. K.K. Ramalingam
- Diseases of ENT by Maqboo
- Diseases of ENT by Scoft& Brown
- September 2014
- January 2015