6115 Physics (1)
Course DescriptionThe course covers the following subjects: motion in one dimension, vectors, motion in two dimensions, the laws of motion (Newton’s Laws of Motion), circular motion, work and energy, potential energy and conservation of energy, electric fields, electric potential, and capacitance.
- At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- • Convert units by using conversion factors and unit analysis
- • Distinguish between vector and scalar quantities
- • Use vectors to describe physical observations.
- • Use the equations of motion with constant acceleration in one dimension
- • Use the equations of motion for projectile motion in two dimensions
- • State Newton’s laws of motion and the law of universal gravitation
- • Resolve vector diagrams on static and dynamical systems.
- • Define the scientific meaning of Work, energy and power
Books for this Course
- University physics h, (part I)Harris Benson,
- September 2014
- January 2015