61138 Operating Systems (2)
Course DescriptionThis course is a continuation of Operating System I The aim of this course to Explain various methods of solving Deadlocks and the problem of mutual exclusion, file management, Disks Management, I/O management
- On Completion of this course the student should be able to:
- - Understand memory management technique.
- - Understand issues involved in virtual memory systems.
- - Understand file management in operating systems
- - Understand additional processor scheduling Techniques.
- - Know how to deal with deadlocks simulation computing
- - Understand implementation of various resource management techniques in real life operating system
Books for this Course
- Operating System Concepts, 8th Edition, by Silberschatz, Galvin, and Gagne.
- September 2014
- January 2015