61131 E-Commerce & Marketing system
Course DescriptionThis course provides an overview of the fast-growing economics system of electronic commerce. The course will describe and evaluate the use of computer networks to buy and sell products, information, and services. The following topics will be examined: electronic commerce and banking, retailing, advertising, business-to-business activities, supply-chain management, electronic payment systems, transaction security, legal, ethical, and societal issues.
- The main objective of the course is to expose the students to the basic principles of the information technologies for e-business management. Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- - Describe technologies used for e-business solutions.
- - Describe different information systems in e-business.
- - Understand and describe the concept of virtual office.
- - Understand system concepts.
- - Describe management information systems.
- - Understand legal issues, and marketing issues of e-business.
Books for this Course
- Introduction to E-Commerce, Afrain Turban
- September 2014
- January 2015