61112 Computer Maintenance
Student will have extensive hands-on training during supervised laboratory sessions. At the end of the course, the student is expected to have gained working knowledge with basic computer components and peripheral devices, Information Technology Basics, Assembling And Disassembling the computer, Operating system Fundamentals , Installing and troubleshooting the different Operating systems , Multimedia capabilities , troubleshooting PC hardware , introduction to LAN networking .
- At the end of the course, the student is expected to have:
- - Assemble and disassemble a PC
- - Upgrade a PC with newer devices such as RAM
- - Perform OS and application software installation and configuration
- - Install computer device drivers
- - Install and troubleshoot hardware and application programs
- - Identify and correct common faults
- - Identify types of computer viruses and the methods of removing and protecting against them.
- - Install and upgrade of Antivirus software
- Perform computer maintenance
- - Install and troubleshoot computer peripherals such printers etc.
Books for this Course
- Understanding & Troubleshooting Your PC (Shelly Cashman Series)
- September 2015
- January 2016