61111 Introduction to Computers
Course DescriptionThe course introduces the students to the basics and use of computers. The hardware and software of computers are described. Brief introduction to communication (Internet, e-mail, World Wide Web, etc.) is given as well. At the end of the course, the student is expected to have gained working knowledge with basic computer components (CPU, RAM, H.D.D, Interface cards, M.B, Storage Devices) and peripheral devices.
- Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- - Recognize the role of computers in our technological society.
- - Describe a computer and its components.
- - Explain how computer components interact to assist and benefit the end user.
- - Interact with a computer by navigating the Windows XP operating system.
Books for this Course
- Introduction to Computers (Sixth Edition. By: Peter Norton)