53141 Psychiatric & Mental Health
Course DescriptionThThis course focuses on the basic psychopathology of mental disorders and the theories and principles and alterations in mental health status, the course emphasis a number of psychiatric disorders and introduces the body mind relationship in health and illness and various emotional and somatic manifestations and their relationship with the role of public health management including: Introduction psychiatrics, neurotransmitters/neurotransmitter receptor, mental disorders:- symptoms and signs, neurotic disorders (neuroses), mood disorder, schizophrenia, drug abuse, seizures and epilepsy.
- 1. Explain anatomy and physiology of nervous system
- 2. Determine functions of nervous system
- 3. Explain neurotransmitters and neurotransmitter receptor
- 4. Classify neurotransmitters
- 5. List common signs and symptoms and mental dis orders
- 6. To define neurotic disorders (Neurosis)
- 7.Classify neurotic disorders
- 8.Define mood disorder
- 9. Classify and explain types of mood disorders
- 10.Define schizophrenia
- 11. List the clinical manifestations of schizophrenia
- 12. Differentiate between drug abuse, drug misuse and drug dependent
- 13. List the types of drug abuse
- 14. Differentiate between seizure and epilepsy
- 15. Classify seizures
Books for this Course
- Psychiatrics and Mental Health Notes, Dr. Ibrahim Dusuqi (2012)
- Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine 19th Edition
- September 2015
- January 2016
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...