53135 Public Health Laws and Ethics
Course Descriptionthis course is designed to understand the structure and functions of the public health system; define various public health law; understand the roles of government, private sector entities, and individuals in assuring the conditions for people to be healthy; assess legal and ethical conflicts:- (health promotion and communication; public health powers such as immunization, testing, screening, quarantine, and isolation; public health emergencies; regulation of businesses and professions; and tort litigation for the public’s health) . Protecting the public’s health has global dimensions, which will be explored to some degree, the focus of the course is on public health law in the local and region.
- 1. Describe public health system
- 2. Define various public health laws
- 3. Describe Understand the roles of government, private sector entities, and individuals in assuring the conditions for people to be healthy;
- 4. Assess legal and ethical conflicts
- 5. Describe the several legal powers given to public health
- 6. Describe an ethical principle in public health that is not encoded in public health laws
- 7. Describe how the exercise of any power is an ethical issue
Books for this Course
- lecturer notes 2015 by Imran Ahmed Abidkadir
- internaltuion Health regualtuions 2005 by WHO
- September 2015
- January 2016
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...