53134 Disasters Management
Course DescriptionThe Disaster Management is designed to train and educate students in the development, execution and evaluation of disasters with respect to preparedness, hazard detection, response, containment and recovery. The program provides skills in how best to work within the management structure and operational models that are unique to disasters. Students receive training in: crises communication, population issues and psychosocial aspects of disasters as well as acquiring a firm foundation in the public health implications of disasters and disaster response
- By the end of this course, the student should be able to know:
- 1. Describe skills/management structure and operational models that are unique to disasters.
- 2. Describe crises communication, population issues and psychosocial aspects of disasters as well as acquiring a firm foundation in the public health implications of disasters and disaster response
- 3. Increase the knowledge and understanding of the disaster phenomenon, its different contextual aspects, impacts and public health consequences
- 4. Increase the knowledge and understanding of the International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UN-ISDR) and to increase skills and abilities for implementing the Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Strategy.
- 5. Ensure skills and abilities to analyze potential effects of disasters and of the strategies and methods to deliver public health response to avert these effects.
- 6. Ensure skills and ability to design, implement and evaluate research on disasters.
Books for this Course
- Lecturer note 2015 by Abdikadir Aden Mohamud
- Disaster Management by K.K Singh, Lotfi Aleya, Vinod Singh
- Core Textbook on Disaster Management For Class 9 by Goyal Brothers Prakashan
- February 2016
- June 2016
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...