53130 Primary Health care & Family Health
Course DescriptionThe course is designed to Concepts and principles in the provision of basic services of health promotion/maintenance and disease prevention at the individual and family level. Emphasis: Definition and elements of PHC. Principles and strategies of PHC. The Bamako Initiative: Drug supply. Rational prescribing. Herbal medicine. Comparison of health care systems. Planning the implementation and evaluation of PHC programmes. Options of health care. Community involvement. Community based rehabilitation. Supervision and community based data collection. Disaster and epidemics management
- 1. Definition and describe elements of PHC.
- 2.Describe the primary health care package
- 3.Describe Principles, pillars and strategies of PHC.
- 4.Describe the Bamako Initiative
- 5.Describe Comparison of health care systems.
- 6.Describe Planning the implementation and evaluation of PHC programmes
- 7.Describe Options of health care and community involvement
- 8.Describe community based rehabilitation Supervision and community based data collection.
- 9.Describe Disaster and epidemics management
- 10.Describe Rationale for maternal and child health care
- 11.Describe maternal problems of public health importance.
- 12.Describe Types of organisations of maternal health services.
- 13.Describe Childhood problems of public health importance.
- 14.Describe Types and organisations of maternal and child health services.
- 15.Describe Indicators of health status of mothers and children.
- 16.Describe the high-risk concept in maternal and child health work.
- 17.Describe School health programmes.
- 18.Family health - rationale, services and techniques.
- 19.Social factors influencing family health
Books for this Course
- Lecturers' Notes ,Abdikadir Aden Mohamud 2015
- Textbook of Family medicine 8th edition by Robert , Rakel and David Rakel
- Primary Health Care by AMREF
- February 2016
- June 2016