53125 Applied Medical Microbiology
Course DescriptionThe course will cover all topics that concerning the microbial application in the field of public health studies. Highlighting the application of microorganism on solid waste management, bioremediation, ligand, heavy metal and water treatment. This course also covers the topics of microbial fermentation, food spoilage by microorganisms and environmental aspects such as environmental pollution by the chemo- pesticides and chemo-fertilizers. The important of using bio-fertilizers and bio-pesticides in the field of public health via application of microbiology will concentrate in this course
- By the end of this course, the student expected to be able:
- 1. Describe methods of microbial application on the waste management
- 2. Apply procedures of solid waste composting
- 3. Determine differences between fermentation and food spoilage
- 4. Explain the process of composting bioremediation and water treatment on scope of applied microbiology
- 5. Discuss about the topics of environmental pollution, in relation to global worming
- 6. Correlate the using chemo-pesticides and chemo-fertilizer and public health issues of cancer
- 7. Determine the importance of using bio-fertilizes & bio-pesticides Discuss the future of applied microbiology in public health concern
Books for this Course
- Environmental Microbiology Meth and Protocolsby John F. T. Spencer & Alicia L. Ragout de Spencer
- September 2015
- January 2016
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...