53119 Epidemiology (2)
Course Descriptionthis course is designed to focuses the occurrence and of communicable/non communicable disease and its effect in health, coverage and utilization of health services and how status of health is affected. It also covers community diagnosis aspects with emphasis particularly (communicable diseases- epidemiology surveillance and responses; clinical epidemiology; environmental and occupational epidemiology; Epidemiology- health policy and planning and First step in practical epidemiology).
- At the end of this course the students should be able to:
- 1. Understand the role of screening in the secondary prevention of disease.
- 2. Get knowledge about assessing validity and reliability of screening and diagnostic tests
- 3. Get concept about conducting public Health surveillance
- 4. Understand epidemic investigation and management
- 5. Get concept about planning and public health policy
Books for this Course
- 1.Basic Epidemiology. R . BonitaR Beaglehole T. Kjellstrِm. 2nd ed(WHO)
- 2. Epidemiology 5th edition Leon Gordis, MD. MPH, DrPH Johns Hopkins Bloomberg, scholl of public Health
- 3.Demographic Methods and Concepts Paperback – May 29, 2003 by Donald T. Rowland (Author)
- September 2015
- January 2016
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...