53117 Practical Field Training (1) – Housing
Course DescriptionThis course aims to meet the student’s need for training in the minimum Housing and health Standards is to protect and promote the health and wellbeing; it is to establish minimum conditions which are essential to good health and which make housing premises safe, sanitary and fit for human habitation. Topics focus on: (Introduction - types of housing (i.e. Permanent, semi-permanent and temporary houses) and health standards; characteristics of good and poor houses; Housing premises; equipment and furnishing and sanitation)
- At the end of this course the students should be able to:
- 1. Equip public health students with the basic knowledge, attitude, skills and motivation to carryout programs of housing improvement in rural and urban communities in Somalia.
- 2. The ability for the student to conduct efficient house inspection and identify indoor health risk factors.
- 3. The public health student to have the ability to educate, persuade and get household involved in harmful housing promotion programs of the society directed in solving health problems related to poor housing conditions in Somalia.
Books for this Course
- Housing notes, Abdi Dhimbil & Daud Ahmed (2014)
- September 2015
- January 2016