53113 Principle of Ecology
Course DescriptionThis course introduces basic principles of ecology- the study of relationships among living organisms, their environment and each other. Topics include: Organisms and Their Endowment; Populations; introductions among organism; communities; ecosystems ; Human Biological Ecology; Nutrient Supply And Cycling; Pollution& Global warming pesticides; Fertilizersand applied & large-scale ecology.
- By the end of the course, the students will be able to:
- 1. Describe the concept Fundamental of Ecology
- 2. Describe Human Biological Ecology
- 3. Identify Interacting among Organism and demonstrate an understanding of structure/function relationships in organisms.
- 4. Identify Nutrient supply and Cycling
- 5. Describe Population
- 6. Describe Pesticides
- 7. Identify Fertilizers
- 8. Demonstrate an understanding of ecological relationships between organisms and their environment.
- 9. Demonstrate an understanding of key concepts in evolutionary biology, the history of life on Earth, and phylogenetic relationships between organisms.
- 10. Demonstrate scientific quantitative skills
Books for this Course
- 1. Principles of Ecology notes, Mohamed M. Adow. (2014)
- 2. Ecology by Michael L. Cain, William D. Bowman, and Sally D. (2008)
- 3. Ana Introduction to Human Ecological Relations (Emilio F. M)
- 4. Introduction to Population Ecology (Larry L. Rockward)
- September 2015
- January 2016
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...