53111 Introduction to Public Health
Course DescriptionThis course is designed to introduce students to the history and philosophy of public health and to understand the impact of people and politics on public health, This course focuses on of the following topics: Introduction to public health; Basic tools for public health; the individual and public health; individual health & the environment; Provision of health care & Making a community diagnosis.
- By the end of this course the student is expected to:
- 1. Describe the concept of public health and its important
- 2. Understand more about basic tools of public health such as epidemiology, biostatistics and demography
- 3. Understand environmental impact to the individual health
- 4. Be familiar with factors contributing disease to the community
- 5. Get concept about prevention and control of communicable and non communicable diseases
- 6. Understand importance of management of health care provision
- 7. Get concept about community diagnosis and conducting community survey
Books for this Course
- 1. Introduction to Public health notes, Fahma Hassan M. (2014)
- 2. Introduction to Public health by Dr. Richard Ayah
- September 2015
- January 2016
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...