52143 medical-laboratory Practice (2)
Course DescriptionPractical, general workplace training supported by an individualized learning plan developed by the employer, college, and student.This practice provides practical hematology including: HB, PCV, RBC indices(MCV, MCH, MCHC), blood films, preparation of stains, total WBC count, differential count, total RBC count, total platelets count, ESR, PT, CT and clinical Chemistry
- At the end of this course the student is expected to:
- 1. practice laboratory procedures of Clinical Bacteriology, Immunology & Serology, Clinical Chemistry, and Hematology
- 2. practice basic skills and techniques of blood sample collection
- 3. Introduce the student to the hematology lab.
- 4. Learn the basic techniques used in counting & the clinical implication of this count.
- 5. .Learn the basic techniques in doing Hb, PCV, & RBCs
- 6. Understand how to calculate RBCs values & their clinical significance
- 7. Learn the basic techniques of WBCs and differential count.
- 8. Understand total leukocytic count, the differential leukocytic count & their clinical significance.
- 9. Learn how to calculate the relative leukocytic count & its clinical significance.
- 10. Learn and the basic techniques
- 11. Practice true and related liver function tests , renal function test and lipid/proteins and glucose test
- 12. Practice widal and Weil-felix tests, Brucella Abortus, pregnancy test / different tests for pregnancy,
- 13. Describe and practice the laboratory diagnosis of HIV, tests for viral hepatitis.
- 14. Describe clinical significance of CRP and other plasma proteins and Practice the test used for detection of creative proteins
- 15. Explain the properties streptolysin O and Practical the tests for streptolysin O.
- 16. Explain the characterstics of rheumatoid factor and Practice the serologic test for rheumatoid factor.
- 17. Practice different stains including simple stain, gram stain, malachite green stain and preparation of media
- 18. Identify the use of autoclaves and incubator
Books for this Course
- Varrious practical procdures in the Laboratory with Students
- Febreury 2016
- June 2016