52136 Haematology (2)
Course DescriptionAnaemia, classification of anaemia, microcytic hypochromic anemia:(Iron difeciency anemia, Chronic anemia, thalassemia, sidroplastic anemia), Macrocytic anemia (Megaloblastic anemia), Vitmain B12 & Folate difeciency(Non megaloblastic anemia), Liver disease, alcoholism, Haemolytic Anemia and their classification including: intracarposular (hereditory , heridtory spherocytosis, hereditoryelebtocytosis, hereditorystomatocytosis, hemoglobin defect ,sickle cell anemia, thalassemia, enzyme defect, G-6-PD, pyruvate kinase), extracarposcular acquired (immune mechanism, non immune mechanism)
- At the end of this course the student is expected to:
- 1. Describe the important aspects of hemoglobin genetics and abnormal hemoglobin synthesis.
- 2. Understand the basic classification systems of anemias, their laboratory and clinical features, public health aspects, and their management.
- 3. Describe the quaternary structure of hemoglobin, stress on quaternary structure
- 4. Understand the different chains assembled in Hb
Books for this Course
- Clinical Patahlogy, Haemotology& Blood Banking by Nanada Maheshwari
- September 2015
- January 2016