52130 Phlebotomy (1)
Course DescriptionIntroduction to the practical experience in patient blood procurement by venipuncture and micro-capillary collection technique, emphasizing professional conduct, adherence to safety regulations and policies, Topics includes Historical perspective, Anatomy & physiology, the tourniquet, resembling the equipment, blood collection (routine venipuncture, & specimen handling), possible complications from phlebotomy, blood ( samples and collections) and arterial puncture.
- Upon completion of the Course, students will be able to:
- 1. Describe the concept of phlebotomy
- 2. Function effectively as entry-level phlebotomists.
- 3. Apply proper patient identification procedures.
Books for this Course
- The Phlebotomy Textbook By Susan King Strasinger, Marjorie Schaub Di Lorenzo
- Medtexx Medical corporation, Fuandamental of Phlebotomy
- September 2015
- January 2016