Course Descriptionis an introduction to Biochemistry, with the structure, properties, and significance of the major groups of biochemical compounds primarily on the basic principles to understand the structure and reactivity of organic molecules. Emphasis principally (The Chemical Composition of Life; Simple and complex carbohydrates; Lipids; Amino acids and Proteins; enzymes, nucleic acid, vitamins and hormones
- At the end of this course the student is expected to:
- 1. Describe the main classes of biomolecules and describes their structure as related to their functions.
- 2. Classify carbohydrate, proteins and lipids
- 3. Also describe processes leading to the synthesis and degradation of these molecules
Books for this Course
- Biochmeistary notes, Mohamed Sh. Isak (2013)
- CHEMISTRY. Principles, Patterns and Application By: Averill & Eldredge 2007
- February 2016
- June 2016
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...