52118 Organic chemistry (1)
Course DescriptionThis course provides to study an introduction to organic chemistry, focusing primarily on the basic principles to understand the structure and re activity of organic molecules. Emphasis principally (Foundation concepts of organic chemistry, Isomerism in organic chemistry, Classification of hydrocarbons and Aromatic hydrocarbons).
- By the end of this course the students should able to:
- 1. Understand the Foundational concepts of organic chemistry
- 2. Understand Isomerism in organic chemistry,
- 3. Identify Classification of hydrocarbons
- 4. Identify Aromatic hydrocarbons
- 5. Know about organic reactions from Organic Chemistry I that are useful in organic synthesis
Books for this Course
- Organic Chemistary (1) notes, Mohamed Osman Farah (2014)
- Textbook of organic chemistry by Arun Bahl
- Organic chemistry by Maltland Jones
- September 2015
- January 2016
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...