52115 Cell biology and histology
Course DescriptionThis course is study of an introduction to the biology of the cell and tissue, including the plasma membrane and cell surface, cytoplasm organelles, the cytoskeleton and microtubules, nuclear cell biology, cell cycle and growth, the extracellular matrix, epithelial tissue, connective tissue, cartilage and bone, peripheral blood and hematopoiesis, mascular tissue, and nervous tissue
- by the end of this course the students should able to:
- 1. Describe the concepts of cell and histology
- 2. Introduce the Histological Tools (Light and Electron Microscopes) used in histologystudy.
- 3. understand the basic histological slide preparation
- 4. Understand the basic structural organization of the cell.
- 5. Describe and understand the basic features of different types of epithelia.
- 6. describe and understand the basic features of different types of connective tissues
- 7. Understand the structure of body membranes and matrixes.
- 8. Integrate and use the above knowledge in understanding the systemic aspect of humanbody.
- 9. Provide basic applicable knowledge in practical application.
- 10. prepare the student with foundation to understand the system based course in the future years
Books for this Course
- Basic histology (text & atlas) By Junqurira L
- February 2016
- June 2016