5120 Computer Application & IT (1)
Course DescriptionThe course is designed to give the student a general idea about computers and the students are exposed the various aspects of data base with an emphasis on the needs of the health care management. The course also introduces the students to the basics and use of computers. The hardware and software of computers are described. Brief introduction to communication (Internet, e-mail, World Wide Web, etc.) is given as well. At the end of the course, the student is expected to have gained working knowledge with basic computer components (CPU, RAM, H.D.D, Interface cards, M.B, Storage Devices) and peripheral devices
- At the end of the course, the student is expected to have gained working knowledge with basic computer components (CPU, RAM, H.D.D, Interface cards, M.B, Storage Devices) and peripheral devices Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- 1. Recognize the role of computers in our technological society.
- 2. Describe a computer and its components.
- 3. Explain how computer components interact to assist and benefit the end user.
- 4. Interact with a computer by navigating the Windows XP operating system
Books for this Course
- September 2015
- January 2016