5119 Health Management & Leadership (2)
Course DescriptionThe course is designed to focus on the basic principles and function of management and its application in various health care settings; topics includes: Performance Appraisal, Quality Control, Human Resource management, Leadership
- At the end of this course the student is expected to:
- 1. Define Performance evaluation
- 2. Describe the Purposes of performance appraisal
- 3. Describe the types of evaluation
- 4. Identify the Methods of measuring performance
- 5. Recognize the Factors of effective health appraisal system
- 6. Acquaint the concept of quality of control
- 7. Define the human resource management
- 8. Describe the Human Resource Planning
- 9. Identify the basics of Employee Recruitment
- 10. Develop Interview Questions
- 11. Identify the employee selection process
- 12. Recognize the concepts of new employee orientation
- 13. Explain the strategies of staff development
- 14. Define conflict management
- 15. Recognize the Common causes of conflict
- 16. Identify the styles of Approaching Conflict
- 17. Describe the Methods of conflict resolution
- 18. Explain the Conflict resolution strategies
- 19. Define the concept of leadership in health care profession
- 20. Identify the Leadership Theories
- 21. Describe the styles of Leadership
- 22. Acquaint the Principles of Leadership
- 23. Fundamentals of leadership
Books for this Course
- Health Mgt & ledership notes, Alas Hassan Moh (2014)
- "Gillies, Ann Dee (1994). Nursing Management, 3rd. ed. W. B. "
- February 2016
- June 2016
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...