5118 Health Management & Leadership (1)
Course DescriptionThe course is designed to focus on the basic principles and function of management and its application in various health care settings; topics includes: Introduction to Management in Health Care System, Functions of management, Time Management, Meeting Management, Building and Managing Teams, Delegation, Critical Thinking
- At the end of this course the student is expected to:
- 1. Define concepts of management
- 2. Identify the Features of Management
- 3. Describe the Objectives of Management
- 4. Differentiate between Management and Administration
- 5. Recognize the types of Management
- 6. Identify the functions management
- 7. Identify the importance of Time management
- 8. Describe the external and internal time wasters
- 9. Recognize the methods of saving time
- 10. Acquaint the basic concepts of meeting management
- 11. Build and manage teams
- 12. identify the concepts of delegation
- 13. Recognize the Problem Solving process
- 14. Identify the strategies of Decision Making
- 15. Acquaint the basics Creativity
Books for this Course
- Health Mgt & ledership notes, Alas Hassan Moh (2014)
- "Gillies, Ann Dee (1994). Nursing Management, 3rd. ed. W. B. "
- September 2015
- January 2016
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...