51165 Field Trips For Rural Health
- On completion of this course, students should be able to:
- 1. Describe the concepts for rural health assessment
- 2. Plan a search for a rural practice career.
- 3. Demonstrate methods for engaging communities in planning and evaluating their health systems.
- 4. List the core functions of public health in rural communities.
- 5. List key areas of rural health research along with the current knowledge gained by the research.
- 6. Describe and analyze public policy initiatives that will have an influence on the practice in rural communities.
- 7. Describe the relationship between rural health systems and well-being of the communities services
- 8. Demonstrate cultural competency in working with and caring for patients and communities.
- 9. Demonstrate an understanding of health information technology in rural settings.
- 10. Describe models of primary practice and how they could be developed in rural settings.
- 11. Identify resources to enhance rural clinic practice
Books for this Course
- Project Development notes, Sino Allay Zakayo (2012)
- September 2014
- January 2015