5116 Medical Psychology
Course DescriptionThis is a course which is designed to emphasize on the development the human personality. Topics include Introduction to General Psychology and Research Methods, Biopsychology, Personality Development, Learning Theory and Behavioral Psychology, Sensation and Perception, Memory, Intelligence, and States of Mind, Motivation & Emotion, Social Psychology, Psychopathology, Psychotherapy and social psychology according to various psychological theories
- At the end of this course the student is expected to:
- 1. To understand human behavior in health and disease.
- 2. To understand psychosocial aspects of disease.
- 3. Understand different definitions of health and discuss the implications of this for treatment.
- 4. Describe the biomedical and biopsychosocial approaches to healthcare.
- 5. Consider the role of psychological and social factors in healthcare
Books for this Course
- Medical Psychology notes, A.M bule, Alas, Khadijo M.F (2014)
- The role of psychology in the delivery of health services by
- Marks, D.F., Murray, M., Evans, B., & Estacio, E.V. (2011).
- A healthy contribution. The Psychologist, 24(12), 890-892, Johnston, M., Weinman, J. & Chater, A. (2011).
- September 2015
- January 2016
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...