51159 Medical Parasitology (2)
Course DescriptionIn this course a study Examination of blood for malaria parasites, Examination of blood, lymph fluid, and C.S.F. for trypansomes causing african trypanosomiasis , Examination of specimens for leishmania parasites, Examination of blood for microfilariae in lymphatic filariasis and loiasis, and Examination of sputum for paragonimus eggs.
- At the end of this course the student is expected to:
- 1. Discuss in detail the classification of medically important blood and tissue parasites.
- 2. Identify the methods and procedures of laboratory diagnosis of intestinal parasites in clinical specimens.
- 3. Identify blood protozoan and helminths under microscope
- 4. Discuss techniques of collecting blood and CSF for investigating parasitic infections
Books for this Course
- Medicla Parasitology notes, Mohamed Sh. Isak (2013)
- Laboratory Practice in tropical Countries Part I By Monica Cheesbrough 2006
- February 2016
- June 2016