51156 Health Research & Methodology
Course DescriptionThe course is designed to equip students with relevant skills in use of research process in investigating a nursing health problem identified in health care settings. Topics such as: Introduction to research, identification of research problem, introduction of thesis, review of literature, research methods & materials, processing/analysis& presentation, format of research proposal & thesis.
- At the end of this course the students will be able to:
- 1. Define the Meaning of Research
- 2. Identify the importance of Research in health sciences
- 3. Describe the purpose of Research
- 4. Describe the common Motivations in Research
- 5. Describe the Characteristics of good research
- 6. Identify the common Sources of Knowledge discovery
- 7. Classify the types of Research
- 8. Establish an effective research Variables
- 9. Set down an effective problem background and Statement
- 10. Explain the Significance of his/her research
- 11. Write down an effective research objectives
- 12. Establish relevant research question and/or hypothesis
- 13. Compile relevant secondary data/Literature
- 14. Identify different styles of Citations and footnotes
- 15. Select an appropriate design for his/her research
- 16. Identify methods for Sample selection
- 17. Recognize the different methods of primary data collection
- 18. Establish a standard questionnaire data collection
- 19. Analyze the primary data for presentation
- 20. Discuss the research findings
Books for this Course
- Health Research Methodology notes , Alas H. M (2014)
- Fundatmental of Research Methodology for Health by Hilla Brink
- Gillies, Ann Dee (1994). Nursing Management, 3rd. ed. W. B
- Nursing Research By Geri LoBiondo-Wood, and Judith Haber & Nurisng Research Denise F. polit, Cheyl. Tatano Beck
- February 2016
- june 2016
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...