51155 Nursing Education (2)
Course DescriptionThe main purpose of this course is designed to equip the student with the knowledge on educational methodology and is expected to develop their skills in carrying out effective teaching/learning in various setting both in class room and clinical field situations. The course provide students specific topics such as Implementation of the curriculum (Course planning, Unit planning, Lesson planning), Curriculum evaluation, Teaching methods (Audio-visual aids/Teaching aids, Communication in teaching and learning, concept of Measurement and evaluation of teaching, have a knowledge of Guidance and counseling, Microteaching/Teaching practice).
- At the end of the course, students will be able:
- 1. To understand the implementation of the curriculum.
- 2. To classify methods of teaching and learning.
- 3. To equip the students with Communication skills in teaching and learning.
- 4. To apply techniques of evaluation.
- 5. To use audio teaching aids -visual aids in teaching
- 6. To demonstrates skill of guidance and counseling.
- 7. To do teaching practice/ micro teaching
Books for this Course
- Nursing education notes, Phineas A. A & Ali Dahir M. (2014)
- Text book of Nursing Educaiton by KP Neeraja
- Nursing Educaiton by T. G. Mashaba, Hilla Brink
- Annual Review Nursing Education by Marilyn H. Oermann and K. T. Heinrich
- February 2015
- June 2016