51144 Pediatrics & Pediatric Nursing (2)
Course DescriptionThe course is designed to focus on the basic components of nursing management of the infant and child in the health and illness. The course provides students with basic knowledge of: Diarrhea, Malaria, nursing care of children with respiratory disorders, helminthes, conditions that produce fluid & electrolytes imbalances, inflammatory disorders of GIT, congenital disorders involving the CNS, Nursing care of children with cardiovascular disorders, other conditions.
- At the end of the course the students will be able to:
- 1. Explain the nursing care of children with cardiovascular disorders.
- 2. State congenital heart defects; a cyanotic heart defects and cyanotic congenital defects.
- 3. Explain the nursing care of children with respiratory disorders, and to describe how to assess respiratory system.
- 4. Explain the nursing care of children with gastrointestinal disorders.
- 5. Differentiate the neurological problems of the new born
- 6. How to control malaria and its management
Books for this Course
- Pediatrics & Pediatric Notes, Dr. Asseyr, M.A.M & Hassan M.A (2012)
- R.S. Tambulawadkar (2013) Pediatric Nursing, third edition
- U.N. PANDA (2009) Pediatric Nursing , First Edition
- February 2016
- June 2016