51142 Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing (1)
Course DescriptionThis course focuses on the basic psychopathology of mental disorders and the theories and principles underlying nursing care of patients with alterations in mental health status, the course emphasis a number of psychiatric disorders and introduces the body mind relationship in health and illness and various emotional and somatic manifestations and their relationship with the role of nursing management including: Introduction psychiatrics, neurotransmitters &neurotransmitter receptor, mental disorders: symptoms and signs, neurotic disorders (neuroses).
- Upon completion of this course subject, the students should be able to: Determine the impact of the body mind relationship on various psychosomatic manifestations in the individual
- 1. Explain anatomy and physiology of nervous system
- 2. Determine functions of nervous system
- 3. Explain neurotransmitters and neurotransmitter receptor
- 4. Classify neurotransmitters
- 5. List common signs and symptoms and mental dis orders
- 6. To define neurotic disorders (Neurosis)
- 7. Classify neurotic disorders
Books for this Course
- Psychiatrics and Mental Health Notes, Dr. Ibrahim Dusuqi (2012)
- Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine 19th Edition
- Textbook of Psychiatrics - Mental Heatlh Nursing by elsevier.
- Psychiatric- Mental Health Nursing. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkes.
- September 2015
- January 2016