51133 Child Growth & Development
Course DescriptionThe course entails learning about the normal milestones of children and how deviations affect their normal growth and development. It includes (definition child growth and development, goal/scope of pediatric practice, importance of assessing growth & development, factors affecting growth and development , importance of growth monitoring, well child visit, parental visit, anticipatory guideline, essential milestone – physical growth for 1 moth up to five years old, adolescent.
- At the end of this course the students will be able to:
- 1. Plan, implement and evaluate the nursing management needed by infants and children in health and illness during various stages of growth and development
- 2. Define the main definitions and concepts related to growth and development of children.
- 3. State the importance of assessing growth and development as well as the importance of growth and development for nurses.
- 4. Explain the principles of growth and development of children
- 5. Outline factors affecting growth and development of children.
- 6. Describe the essential milestones for growth and development of children.
Books for this Course
- Child growth & Dev., Notes, Dr. Abdulahi F. Asseyr & Adow (2014)
- Growth and development through the lifespan Kathleen M.thies F.T
- Text book of growth and development for nursing jaypee and neeraja
- February 2016
- June 2016