51116 First Aid
Course DescriptionThe course is designed to focus on the provision of the most of life saving. First aid care during emergency situations. The course provides students unconventional threats, fire safety & casualty evacuation, heart attack, angina pectoris, fainting, medicolegal cases & medical care of emergency patients, anaphylactic shock & chest pain, common poisons, first aid foreign bodies, common problems, emergency care & first aid in disasters, community emergencies, transport of injured patients, poisoning, bites & stings, accidents, bandages.
- The student will:
- 1. The Role and Responsibility of a First Aider and Assessing an Incident and Learn how to prevent medical emergencies from occurring
- 2. Learn all of the steps that need to be taken prior to delivering care during a medical emergency and the normal functions of the human body to know when the body is not functioning properly.
- 3. Learn how to assess a victim during a medical emergency to determine what care is needed and to perform CPR on adult, child, and infant victims.
- 4. Learn to use an AED on adult, child and infant victims and how to manage breathing emergencies in adult, child, and infant victims and also how to manage soft tissue injuries and bleeding.
- 5. Learn how to manage musculoskeletal injuries and how to care for a variety of forms of sudden illness
- 6. Managing an Unresponsive Casualty who is Breathing Normally and Managing an Unresponsive Casualty who is not Breathing Normally
- 7. Recognize and Assist a Casualty who is Choking
- 8. Managing a Casualty who is Wounded , Bleeding, Shock
- 9. Managing a Casualty with a Minor Injury , a Casualty for a range of major and Administer First Aid for a range of conditions Managing a illnesses
Books for this Course
- First Aid for Nursing notes, Hasan Mohamud Abdule (2013)
- Essnetial of First Aid for Nursing by Maheshawari Loganathan
- First Aid for Nurses with pecial emphasis on Nuclear, biological and chemical (NBC),
- Maheshwari loganathan, JAMPEE (2012), Essentials of first aid for Nursing
- Feburary 2016
- June 2016