51115 Pharmacology (2)
Course DescriptionThe course is intended to discuss the rational use of drugs. It focuses on the therapeutic effects, side effects, interactions and contra- indications of various drugs. Including: (Pharmacology of Autonomic nerve system; Cardio-vascular system pharmacology; Drugs Used To Manage Pain (Analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs); Endocrine system pharmacology; Pharmacology of respiratory system; CNS Pharmacology -Anti-Parkinson Drugs & Management of poisoning).
- At the end of this course the students will be able to:
- 1. Describe the mechanisms of action, use, and adverse effects of drugs used in the treatment of disorders of the following systems: Autonomic nerve; Cardio-vascular system; Endocrine; respiratory; CNS, Hematopoietic, Renal pharmacology.
- 2. help each student be informed about the newest drugs in common use
- 3. Help clients return to optimal health by increasing the level of skill and understanding of the administration of medications in all settings.
- 4. help each nurse observe and understand the therapeutic effects and adverse effects of these drugs on each patient
Books for this Course
- Pharmacology (2) notes, Dr, Farh M. Sharaw (2014)
- Introductory clinical pharamcology (7th edition)
- Lippincott's illustrated reviews pharmacology(5th edition).
- Basic & clinical pharmacology(KATZUNG) 11th edition
- February 2016
- June 2016
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...