51111 Anatomy & Physiology (1)
The main purpose of this course is enable students to acquire knowledge of the normal anatomical structure and physiological functioning of the human body and mechanisms for maintaining homeostasis within it. Includes the study of cells, tissues, membranes and the integumentary with brief introduction on the common disorders and deviations.
- At the end of the course is to enable the student the main anatomical structure and the physiological functioning of human body and the brief introduction of common disorders of the:- Introduction To Human Anatomy & Physiology
- 1. Define Anatomy & Physiology
- 2. Define and describe the anatomical terms /major cavities of the body and the organs they contain
- 3. List and describe the major chemical elements in human body
- 4. Define metabolism and explain the basic steps in glycolysis and indicate the major products, ATP and the basic structure of DNA molecule and the stages of cell cycle.
- 5. Define homeostasis
- Cell, Tissue and Membrane
- 1. Explain structure and characteristics of human cell.
- 2. Discuss organelles of human cell & their function.
- 3. Explain tissue and the location/ major functions of the four types of human tissue.
- 4. List the major systems of the body, the organs they contain and the functions of those system
- 5. Discuss membranes of the body.
- Integumentary system
- 1. Describe skin of the human body.
- 2. Discuss glands of the skin.
- 3. Explain the structure and function of hair.
- 4. Discuss about nails.
Books for this Course
- Anatomy & Phsyiology (1) notes , Alas Hassan. & Walid (2014)
- Anatomy & Physiology by Roses and Wilson
- Anatomy & physiology for nurses and allied health sciences by Indu Khurana. Arushi 2009
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology, thirteen edition by Gerard J. Tortora, Bryan H. Derrickson
- September 2015
- Janaury 2016
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...