45132 Entrepreneurship Development
Course DescriptionThis course studies the the key concepts and skill requirements for new business creation. Evaluation of personal entrepreneurship skills. Emphasis on identifying viable business opportunities, and the process of planning for new venture start-up.
- Objectives Course will:
- 1. Explain the nature of entrepreneurship as a method of business ownership
- 2. Explore the characteristics of an entrepreneur.
- 3. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of entrepreneurship as a career choice.
- 4. Recognize the management, financial, marketing and legal skills necessary to successfully operate and grow an entrepreneurial business venture.
- 5. Identify and evaluate the methods of entering an entrepreneurial venture to include starting a new business, buying an existing business, and becoming a franchisee.
- 6. Identify global aspects of an entrepreneurial business.
- 7. Determine the role of an entrepreneurship in the students’ individual futures
Books for this Course
- Understanding Enterprise Bridge, S. M, O’Neil, K. and Cromie, S(2003)
- Entrepreneurship & Small Business, 2nd Edition Palgrave Macmillan, Basingstroke
- ƒ Bruce R. Barringer and R. Duane Ireland (B&I) Entrepreneurship: Successfully Launching New Ventures. 2nd edition, Pearson Prentice Hall, 2006.
- January 2015
- September 2015
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...