45121 Business Environment
This course introduces the importance of having society with major and basic understanding of all business environments. Business environment influences the strategic direction of the organization; therefore this assists the managers to recognize the role played by external and internal environment in any business organization and how to deal with them so that the make positive impact in their business undertaking.
- The primary objectives of this course are
- 1. Outline the importance of globalization and its impact on international business.
- 2. Discuss the development of different international political economies.
- 3. Explain the impact of international institutions and organizations on international business.
- 4. Develop a broad understanding of international trade theory and trade policy instruments and implications for international business.
- 5. Understand the major drivers behind, and barriers to, foreign direct investment
- 6. Evaluate and assess opportunities and threats arising in the international environment
Books for this Course
- Ian Books and Jamie Weathersto, (1997), The Business Environment Challenges and changes, Pearson education Ltd, Great Britain.
- Ross, Steohen A.; Randolph W Westerfield and Bradford D. Jordan (RWJ)(2001) Essential of Corporate Finance, McGrwaw- Hill Higher Education, New York , US
- September 2015
- January 2016