4501 Public Finance
This course introduces students to the relationship between public goods and public the public sector, scarcity of economic resources and their distribution between the public and the private sectors, public sector and its role in achieving economic welfare; public expenditures: types, regulation, economic effects and financing through taxation. Public budget, public finance in Somalia Government as borrower, types of tax, balance of payment, types of government revenue, principle of taxation.
- The primary course objective is to provide students with the tools, and the skills to use these tools, to understand the underlying concepts and practical tradeoffs entailed in public finance policy alternatives. This will prepare students to be informed consumers of public finance data, and thus, equip students to engage constructively in the formulation, implementation, and evaluation of public finance policies
Books for this Course
- Public Finance, by Harvey S. Rosen, 9th Edition, 2009
- September 2015
- January 2016
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...