4420 Business & Government
Course DescriptionThis course examines the relationship between government and business with focuses on contemporary issues. Topics include: international paradigms in business/government relations; regulations; competition policy; globalization; trade; protection; and competitiveness
- LEARNING OBJECTIVES this course
- 1. Explain the main forces determining the relationships between business, government, and society.
- 2. Identify the main forces determining the relationships between businesses, governments.
- 3. Illustrate and evaluate major trade-offs between the shareholder view and the stakeholder view of the firm.
- 4. Articulate principles governing corporate social responsibility.
- 5. Analyze a number of topical fields surrounding today’s businesses, including the environment, and technological change.
Books for this Course
- Business, Government, and Society: A Managerial Perspective, Text and Cases, 13th Edition, 2011 By John Steiner and George Steiner.
- September 2015
- January 2016
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...