4417 Strategic Management
Course DescriptionStrategic management focuses on the concept of strategy formulation and implementation by exploring the functions and nature of general management. The course serves as an opportunity to develop skills for strategic thinking and analysis, leadership, communication, teamwork, and cross-functional integration. Students learn about corporate and business planning and the implementation of organizational change through structures, systems and people. The approach adopted includes lectures, case analyses and action learning through group efforts
- The overall objectives of this course is :
- 1. To provide an integrative framework that will allow students to synthesize knowledge from other business courses into a comprehensive understanding of competitive advantage.
- 2. To provide a basic understanding of the nature and dynamics of the strategy formulation and implementation processes as they occur in complex organizations.
- 3. To encourage students to think critically and strategically.
- 4. To develop the ability to identify strategic issues and design appropriate courses of action
Books for this Course
- The Management of Strategy Concepts, International Edition Paperback –2010 by HITT/IRELAND/HOSKISSON
- September 2015
- January 2016
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...