4409 Management Information System
Course DescriptionThis course helps students see the connection between information systems (IS) and business performance. The use of information and communication technologies (ICT) by individuals and organisations dominates the business world. There is a fundamental change going on in the way that organisations run businesses and interact with each other. New types of infrastructure and applications are developed and utilized such as ERP (enterprise resource planning.
- The aim of the course is to enable students to assess the opportunities and problems that managers in a wide range of organisations face as they attempt to use these IT applications to add value to their businesses.
- It also aims to help students understand transformational changes within and across industries. These changes have strategic implications for many businesses
Books for this Course
- Essentials of Management Information Systems, 8/E, Laudon and Laudon, 2007
- September 2015
- January 2016
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...