4403 Public Organization Management in Somalia
Course DescriptionStudy of the managerial dimension of public Organizations. Role and functions of public managers: planning, decision-making and evaluation, human resources management, budget management and control, leadership. Nature and distinct environment of public management compared to management in the private sector: traditional public administration and the new public management. Contemporary issues in public management.
- The main objectives of the course are to:
- 1. Provide students with a solid understanding of the principles, institutions, and processes underpinning Somali public management
- 2. Expose students to contending theoretical approaches to public management and their applicability to current public management issues
- 3. Ensure that students develop a working knowledge of key reforms, issues, challenges and trends in contemporary public management
Books for this Course
- Understanding and Managing Public Organizations (2nd Edition, 1997) by Hal G. Rainey
- September 2015
- January 2016
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...