43230 Electronic Commerce
This course provides coverage of various categories of the electronic commerce, the various electronic commerce markets / limitations and their benefits. Various models and infrastructures that enable electronic commerce, its challenges such as legal issues, fraud, security and electronic payments will be discussed. The course will also discuss the various suppliers and buyers models such as B2B and B2C.
- The main aim of this course is:
- 1. Understand the nature of e-Commerce
- 2. Recognize the business impact and potential of e-Commerce
- 3. Explain the technologies required to make e-Commerce viable
- 4. Discuss the current drivers and inhibitors facing the business world in adopting and using eCommerce
- 5. Explain the economic consequences of e-Commerce
- 6. Discuss the trends in e-Commerce and the use of the Internet
Books for this Course
- "Introduction to Electronic Commerce Third Edition by Efraim Turban, David King, Judy Lang ISBN-13: 9780136109235 Publisher: Prentice Hall Publication date: 10/13/2010 Series: Pearson Custom Business Resources Series Pages: 552"
- September 2015
- January 2016