42133 Business Law
This course emphasizes the role of law in today’s business environment. Students will be introduced to the sources of law, consumer protection, contracts, real and personal property law, landlord and tenant agreements, agency and employment agreements, and forms of business ownership.
- 1. Torts for which businesses may be liable. • Contracts: offer, acceptance, consideration, defenses, breach, and remedies.
- 2. Negotiable instruments: what they are and how they work. • Agency: how agency is created, terminated, and controlled
- 3. Employment law basics. • Legal advantages and disadvantages of corporations, partnerships, sole proprietorships, limited partnerships, and other entities
- 4. Property laws for owning and leasing real property. • Business ethics and business crimes
Books for this Course
- Gaylord A. Jentz, et al., West’s Business Law Alternate Edition, 11th Edition (Thomson 2008).
- September 2014
- January 2015
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...