42126 Project Management & Evaluation
This course covers an introduction to information systems project; feasibility studies, justification of systems, resources allocation; cost benefit analysis and selection of hardware, software and sources. Also, it establishes concept of team work and management of teams.
- 1. Define a project, its characteristics and the role of the project manager.
- 2. Identify the causes of project failure and suggest ways in which these can be overcome.
- 3. Demonstrate a divergent approach to problem-solving, through the analysis and presentation of views on project problems / situations.
- 4. Explain the application of the theoretical frameworks within a project environment. Produce a project plan.
Books for this Course
- Effective Project Management: Traditional, Adaptive, Extreme, 5th edition, by Robert K. Wysocki, Wiley, 2009.
- September 2015
- January 2016