42123 Business Investment Analysis
The course deals with the theory and practice of financial investments and the valuation of securities (both stocks and bonds) the emphasis is put on Porto-folio theory, CAPM theory, efficient markets hypotheses, options and future contracts.
- 1. Have a foundation and knowledge of financial markets including stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and alternative investments.
- 2. Have a basic knowledge of technical, fundamental and cyclical analysis
- 3. Have the knowledge and comfort to build a diversified investment portfolio for each of life stages.
- 4. Understand investment risk and be able to calculate individual goals and objectives.
- 5. Track investments using publications and the media (i.e. newspapers, magazines, TV and Internet
Books for this Course
- Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management, by Frank Reilly, Keith Brown, 2011.
- September 2015
- January 2016