42119 Financial & Monetary Markets
This course introduces students to the definition financial and monetary markets as a basic component of financial systems. Its variations, organizational structure, foreign exchange market, spot versus forward and nominal versus real; the balance of payments and the exchange rate.
Theories and evidence of foreign exchange determination, the international monetary system, the Eurocurrency and Euro bond markets, international debts crisis, direct foreign investment, portfolio investment.
- prepare students for successful interaction with financial markets and institutions. Focus will be placed on the behavior of major financial institutions and their role in the intermediation process as suppliers of funds as well as the form and function of specific financial markets.
Books for this Course
- Bond and Money Markets: Strategy, Trading, Analysis, by Moorad Choudhry (Author)
- September 2015
- January 2016
- ( 02 – Aug- 2017 ) Kampala, July 31, 201...
- ( 02- Aug- 2017 ) Workshop on ICT in mass medi...
- ( 01- Aug- 2017 ) Mogadishu University Institu...
- ( 19 – July – 2017 ) After success...
- ( 17 – July – 2017 ) A Three-day w...